Talk

Advanced search

West Middlesex University Hospital? Any info on maternity care?

(6 Posts)
Schods01155 Tue 21-Jul-15 11:02:11

Hi, I am nearly 8 months pregnant and due to move to Hounslow so in the process of researching nearby maternity hospitals. I am a bit nervous given how near i am to my due date so was wondering if anyone has any experience of West Middlesex University Hospital? Was the care good?

SuzyOB1 Sat 01-Aug-15 19:24:02

West Middlesex is v good in my experience. Hopefully that's one less thing for you to worry about in your move xx

MarchEliza Sat 01-Aug-15 19:29:31

I had my first there in March and was really impressed with the level of care throughout pregnancy and especially in (a long, induced labour).

The post natal ward was not so great but I gather that's the same across the country.

newbieme15 Tue 20-Oct-15 19:27:50

Seems like this is an old post, but just wanted to add my two cents... I had my baby in the Natural Birth centre in West Mid and will definitely recommend it! The midwives were extremely caring!

Step1 Sat 20-May-17 22:04:44

The birth went ok and midwife was fine but after care wasn't great.
Was weekend so give grudging benefit of doubt.
I do wonder if any NHS hospital could ever be considered great but finances dictate.

Step1 Thu 01-Jun-17 10:58:31

Just had second son at west midd. It was in the natural birthing centre and could not be better. The midwife was fantastic! Very knowledgable, lovely manner, advised and praised and gave direction.
Was lovely. I can highly recommend to anyone.
On a side note: after speaking to a few other mums it seems the labour ward at west midd has really improved in the last few years since first son was born.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »