Talk

Advanced search

Moving to Stonehaven with my 14 year old so who I'd like to get involved with new friends ASAP

(2 Posts)
Feenona Mon 29-Jun-15 15:18:05

We are moving up in several months to Stonehaven ��
We will be making regular visits to he new house from August to get it organised and to get accustomed to our new surroundings.
We are from a wee seaside town on the West Coast near Glasgow so we are glad to stay close to the sea even if it is the opposite side of the country. Unfortunately my boy can't bring his 2 valued friends with him and this is a sore point.
My son is a little eccentric, bright,funny, very much into his gaming and Japanese anime. He enjoys the outdoors& a bit of fitness but is not a sporty type at all, which rules out going to a sports club or football to meet people.
I'm interested to hear from other parents in the area with boys in 2nd/3rd year at Mackie Academy. Perhaps you can point me in the direction of somewhere he might meet some boys his own age that are what he would call "geeky"sorts?
I've heard there's a climbing wall there so we will be going there. We are both novices but it's a lot of fun! Perhaps we will make new friends there.
Thanks

Zanymummy Fri 21-Aug-15 07:54:41

Hi and welcome to the area, I would enrol him at the Sea Cadets there very well run and plenty of activities and trips away for him also you don't have to be the sporty type to enjoy it especially going by my nephew in a neighbouring troop/unit

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: