Talk

Advanced search

possible relocation to fife

(8 Posts)
iklemma79 Mon 18-May-15 19:34:17

Hi guys,

Just after a bit of advice really. My husband has just been offred a job in edi and and we are looking at moving to Fife possibly inverkeithling, rosyth way. I have a 2year old daughter and am 5 months pregnant and we currently live near Liverpool so it's a big move ! we don't know anyone on the area so if anyone has any advice on nurserys , midwife care and toddler groups that would be great! Thanks

RumAppleGinger Mon 18-May-15 19:51:28

Hi ikle,
I'm in dalgety bay (next rail stop up from inverkeithing). I love it here.

The midwife team is the same for all three areas and is fantastic. Hospital appointments and scans are done at Dunfermline Queen Margaret and then if you choose to have your baby in hospital it will be at the Victoria in Kirkcaldy. The maternity unit there has just been updated and it's very nice. I had DS2 there in November and much preferred it to the old MLU where I had DS1.

There are or were some good toddler groups around inverkeithing (your midwife will give you details of them). My DC go to a childminder rather than a private nursery so can't offer much info on that front although my friends little girl goes to Rainbow Nursery in Dalgety Bay and loves it.

We moved out here from Edinburgh when we decided to start a family and have found it a great place to raise kids. Tonnes of family geared stuff to keep us occupied, beaches and woodland to go exploring and we've been able to find a good network of friends through the post natal groups and book bug sessions and just a generally friendly neighbourhood.

Good luck with the move. If you have any other questions just shout.

iklemma79 Mon 18-May-15 20:54:45

Thanks so much for your reply rumappleginger! You have eased my mind a bit about the move. Thank you!

iklemma79 Mon 18-May-15 21:11:12

Thanks so much! You gave eased my mind alot!

RumAppleGinger Mon 18-May-15 21:37:20

No worries grin. Like I say, give me a shout if you think if anything else. Happy house hunting!

Londonboy94 Tue 13-Nov-18 14:35:47

Hi guys.

I am thinking of a possible move to Fife, Scotland, can anyone recommend nice friendly places to live? I have been offered a job in Kirkcaldy so I don't want to b a million miles away from my office, I will be happy with a 30 minute - 45 minute commute.

I am initially looking to rent a small 1 bedroom flat / apartment or house, I have a budget of £700 a month for rent, I also want to be close to places where it's good for shopping and a few bars/pubs etc, but I dont want to be bang in the middle of a noisy neighbourhood and where there is a high crime rate.

some people have recommended actually living in Kirkcaldy, but some people have also said not to move here.

any help would be great!

Isadora2007 Wed 21-Nov-18 13:00:31

@londonboy94 your budget would get you a pretty good flat or even a house in Kirkcaldy. The area called Deas Wharf might be ideal for you. Kirkcaldy nightlife isn’t fab but there’s a new strip club just opened which has proven to be controversial!

Isadora2007 Wed 21-Nov-18 13:03:07

m.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/details/46585827?search_identifier=6e82df571585bafcadf17f63ee25573a

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: