Talk

Advanced search

How can I help? What can I buy?

(1 Post)
Sarahmonk123 Sun 19-Apr-15 17:30:05

Hi
A person that I know (but not as a “good friend”) has just broken down and told me that her husband died suddenly at Xmas, and as well as dealing with his loss, she is also 8mth pregnant, she doesn’t have a lot of money, and only a small amount of support, and she doesn’t know how she can manage or cope. It’s a complete shock as I didn’t know any of this and have seen her once a week since Christmas.
I really do want to try and help her /cheer her up (if that is possible) but as a non-mum, what can I buy her that would help her?
I thought a baby bouquet of clothes but wonder if she possibly already has clothes, I don’t have a great deal of money, and I don’t want to ask her, as she will wouldn’t want to accept a gift, however I know she would love one if I gave her one, so the question is, if you are really skint, as a new to be mum, what would be the most useful thing someone could buy you?
Obviously I will try and be supportive as a friend, and maybe a new “good friend”

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: