Talk

Advanced search

Nursery in Bearsden/ Westerton

(4 Posts)
moonandsun1 Sun 22-Mar-15 10:42:04

Hi folks, I'm 5 months pregnant with my first child and live in Canniesburn. We are looking for a nursery (4-5 days a week) from next May/June 2016 (we would prefer to start with a phased approach ).I have my name down for the Canniesburn nursery but they can't guarantee a place so we are looking at other local nurseries. I think the closest nurseries are Canniesburn and Lullaby.

I am just feeling a bit lost - this is my first DC and I'm worried about how exactly to choose a nursery. I would appreciate any reviews/opinions from anyone who has/does use a nursery in Bearsden/Westerton.

Hana82 Thu 09-Apr-15 16:08:21

Hi. I came across your post whilst researching nurseries in Westerton/Bearsden. Have you had any luck in finding any recommendations?
I'm also 5-6 months pregnant with my 1st child and hope to find nursery care for April 2016 onwards.
I hadn't realised that places had to be booked so early! We haven't got our names on any waiting lists yet.

I would also consider a private nanny but only through a trusted recommendation.

Beech2005 Thu 10-Nov-16 10:39:55

Local nurseries have all got waiting lists. I would recommend The Glasgow Academy Nursery, Milngavie for when your child turns 3 ( go before to get your name down in advance). Fabulous school, staff, and a new outdoor learning classroom on Barloch Moor. This hidden gem also is an East Dunbartonshire Partnership nursery so you get funding too (not many people realise this!). As a parent, you can't fault it! My daughter went and my baby son will be going too. An outstanding place in an idyllic setting. I can't recommend enough.

emunator5000 Wed 10-May-17 11:24:14

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: