Talk

Advanced search

Exercise

(9 Posts)
lorza03 Sun 08-Mar-15 12:32:17

Hi I'm Laura, I've just found out I'm around 4weeks pregnant,☺️ I usually do a lot of high intensity and weight traning, is ther any exercise that's best for during pregnancy, I like swimming so was going to sart going, but what do you guys do and how often ? Thanks ��

Voicesinmyear Sun 15-Mar-15 11:37:37

Hi and Congratulations smile. I'm probably not the best person to advise as I'm a bit of an exercise dodger!

With my last pg I did pregnancy yoga once a week and really enjoyed it. Have a look at Red Pilates too as she runs a lot of pregnancy classes.

See if your local swimming centre does aqua natal too as that is usually very good.

Have you joined the antenatal club on the main mn site? You may get more sense there smile

lorza03 Tue 17-Mar-15 09:23:10

Hi voicesinmyear thank you so much for your advise I will now take a look! smile

Voicesinmyear Tue 17-Mar-15 17:54:17

No worries, anything else you want to know, just ask smile

Voicesinmyear Sat 04-Apr-15 22:13:47

How are you getting on Lorza smile

lorza03 Sat 04-Apr-15 23:50:40

Hi smile oh well actually I've been feeling rather tired and very sicky just latley so to be honest I've not really taken part in any exercise activity yet, but soon as I feel better I'm determined to do something, as my bmi is 28 and midwife days ideally needs to stay around this. How about your self ?

Voicesinmyear Sun 05-Apr-15 07:56:00

Can remember feeling sick and tired, it's horrible isn't it. We're all fine thanks for asking. Have you booked yourself onto any antenatal courses yet? smile

lorza03 Mon 06-Apr-15 09:15:28

Yes i am really not enjoying feeling like this, I'll be very glad when it's over if it does go away! I've 4 more weeks until I'm 3months so fingers crossed. No the midwife has discussed antenatal classes and aqua natal which id like to try ! How about yourself have you done any classes ?

Voicesinmyear Mon 06-Apr-15 09:23:35

Spent my first pg almost bed ridden the whole time due to low blood pressure so didn't do any. With my second I did a nhs one, which was one day and did pg yoga. The NCT ones are very good, lots of my friends did those with their first and loved them. You can pay in instalments too smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »