Advanced search

What do you think?

(1 Post)
GabyA Tue 10-Feb-15 12:18:54

My name is Gaby, I am not a parent. I am a private tutor. I have worked in Primary Education for 9 years supporting children of all levels including those with special educational needs. I have also studied for a PGCE in Primary Education. I am looking to branch out as like many of you I despair the english education system and don't wish to work in schools anymore due to all the politics, which is a real shame.
I would like to expand on doing private tutoring offering English, Maths and French on a 1 to 1 basis as well as in small groups. I also offer 4+, 7+ and 11+ prep as well as SATs prep.
I understand and know that communication in schools isn't the best, not just between you the parents but internally as well therefore I would like to address this one way or another i.e.: perhaps through parent workshops. I am also looking into selling educational resources available to your children within schools. I would like to get your feedback on my ideas and would like to know your ideas on the best way to tackle the communication problems in schools - it's huge and I don't expect to make a massive difference on my own but it is a start! Also what educational resources / supplies would you like to see more of on the high street? I know there is a lot available in Wh Smiths etc. I envisage having my own space eventually consisting of a small shop front to sell children's books, toys and educational products, a space at the back for tutoring / parent workshops and a book corner within the shop for story time sessions.

If anyone is looking for a private tutor please get in contact by visiting my Facebook page or just respond to my thread.

Thank you
Gaby A

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now