Talk

Advanced search

New friends in Harpenden?

(4 Posts)
CARLYLONDON Fri 06-Feb-15 14:41:43

Hi All,
We are looking to move to Harpenden from West Hampstead in London in the next couple of months.
I am a stay at home Mum (DS is 19 months) and have found living in London quite lonely as many of the mummy friends I made have gone back to work full time or have moved out of town.
Are there many stay at home mummies in Harpenden? Is it a friendly place to live? Has any one else moved there recently and have you found it easy to fit in and make friends?
Also having been quite spoiled with lovely play grounds and parks where I am (Queens Park, Regents Park, Hampstead children's playground) are there many outdoor play areas to explore?
Any feedback on recommended play groups, good places to meet new friends would be appreciated.
Thank you x

Ducktor Fri 06-Feb-15 19:30:23

Hi harpenden us a great town for young families. There is so much to do, both week day activity wise and family wise at the weekend! There seem to be lots of SAHMs and we find it a friendly town. Think the local NCT branch run a new comers coffee morning and there are lots of drop in groups/activities you can try. Outside space, well there's the common and rothampstead park, there are also lots of smaller parks dotted around, Southdown Batford, Westfield road area and I think woodend and plenty more further afield. Where abouts will you be living?

Ducktor Fri 06-Feb-15 19:32:39

Forgot to add check out the "mums guide to harpenden" website, it lists all the classes, activists, play groups etc plus a whole lot more! Good luck with your move

CARLYLONDON Sat 07-Feb-15 20:25:19

Oh brilliant, thank you for replying! We are not sure where we will be living as we won't be moving until early May time (renting) Are there any areas we should avoid?
I'll definitely check out Mum's guide to Harpenden.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: