Advanced search

Renting a flat in Edinburgh

(7 Posts)
PrincessGrace00 Thu 05-Feb-15 13:13:53

Apologies if this is not the place to add a post but I'm desperate!

I've been looking for a 2 bed unfurnished or part-furnished flat for myself and my 3 year old daughter for a long time but it seems as soon as I make the appt to view, its gone. Can anyone suggest anything other than CityLets or Gumtree?

I am in full-time employment as an Executive PA/Office Manager and can provide good references so if you know of anyone, I would be eternally grateful!!

Have a great day smile

McFox Thu 05-Feb-15 21:15:27

We're in the same boat and it can be difficult. We need to move shortly so I've started going directly into the agents offices to discuss our requirements. Coulters, Crombie & Co, Dunpark and Bruce Rae have all been pretty helpful so far.

Hth and good luck.

lotsofcheese Fri 06-Feb-15 22:07:05

S1 homes rental section?

EmmaBemma Sat 07-Feb-15 13:51:26

I used rightmove - they seemed to have the biggest selection and the best search facility. We found somewhere within a couple of months (wanted three bedrooms, unfurnished, plus garden, plus pets allowed - not easy...) but it was hard as we were living in Fife at the time and I couldn't travel down for viewings at the drop of a hat.

PrincessGrace00 Mon 09-Feb-15 11:01:55

Ugh the search goes on ... I may come into Edinburgh this weekend and trawl the streets. Like you EmmaBemma, I don't live in Edinburgh and can only view at lunchtimes when I'm at work. Thank goodness my employers can't see my screen at work, its constantly on CityLet and Rightmove!

Thanks for the heads up ladies. Especially the estate agents names McFox.

RojaGato Wed 11-Feb-15 02:35:12

DJ Alexander were pretty civil and organised to us whilst we were looking to rent before buying when relocating. Most other agencies I contacted were pretty rude tbh.

Hamnvik Wed 11-Feb-15 11:34:16

We used Zoopla and Rightmove and have used Ream lettings in the past, they were brilliant. Avoid Murray and Currie at all costs they are awful! It took us ages to find somewhere as we were living in Dundee at the time and had to travel up to view places.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now