Talk

Advanced search

Haslemere Book Group

(4 Posts)
caelbaas Tue 27-Jan-15 17:42:48

Hello All

I'm new to Haslemere and have had a good look around for a book group, but there doesn't seem to be anything very local.

I'm thinking wine and chat combined with a little light literary criticism!

I'm happy to start one via a meeting point website (the site charges to set up, so there'd be a coast of �1 per person at each meeting).

Is there any appetite in the area for a book group?

Cx

Byebyelondon Wed 28-Jan-15 11:52:27

I am in !!!

In terms of advertising, I think that you should post on local Facebook pages such as Haslemere Community Board, Haslemere Living etc. They are great for finding out about local stuff and get a lot of traffic.

Good luck and see you next week x

KarenCBC Fri 30-Jan-15 16:27:02

Hiya,

Not really that local but worth mentioning. I live in Hindhead and am a member of the Guildford Book Group. We are looking for new members as have had 5 move overseas in the last 18 months or so (really bad luck)! It is a little way away but it would be well worth it. I promise you. Especially if you can't find anything in Haslemere. Wine and books is exactly what we do. We're a pretty diverse group of men and women aged mid 20s to early 40s and would love to have you or anyone else. Just drop me a message if you're interested.

caelbaas Tue 17-Feb-15 14:29:04

Thanks for your reply Karen - if it's OK I'll message you separately to find out about the Hindhead group, sounds good! xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: