Talk

Advanced search

Moving to Cheshire - Norley

(8 Posts)
jenr81 Mon 26-Jan-15 19:38:59

Hi my husband and I are thinking of moving to Cheshire, possibly Norley or that area.

I am looking for advice on playgroups, toddler classes, children centres in that area.

We are currently in Liverpool, and have twin daughters who are 3, they attend a range of classes here, music dance storytelling etc, and I am hoping to find similar activities.

I would be grateful for any help. We have found a great house but as it is so remote I am finding the move a little daunting.

We are moving to be closer to DH work.

Thanks x

Mon 26-Jan-15 19:48:46

I've never been to Norley, but the surrounding areas are nice (Frodsham, Sandiway etc).

Hartford schools are good. The local town centres are a little bleak really. Where does your DH work?

Ravello99 Sun 01-Feb-15 15:17:11

I run a carer and toddler group in Kingsley which is not far from Norley. The mums,grans,nannies etc who join us seem to use this as a great opportunity to link up for other activities. I am sure you will find once you move to a village you will soon find others in the same position.
For anyone in the area, we meet in the room behind the Hurst Methodist Church on Tuesdays in term time from 9.00 to 11.30. Tea, coffee, snacks for the little ones, and lots of chat all available!

MrsCheshire2014 Sun 01-Feb-15 19:51:04

Not sure how helpful this is as, I'm currently expecting my first so haven't been to any groups yet-but I'm very local to Norley and my friends with children always seem to have lots to keep them occupied. Norley is a lovely village and I'm sure you'll enjoy living round here. Good luck with the move!

Ravello99 Mon 02-Feb-15 11:30:52

Please join us MrsCheshire2014, we love to see bumps as well. It does help to make friends before you have your hands full!

CheshireEditor Sat 07-Feb-15 18:08:32

Hello and welcome to the Cheshire pages! Thanks for you posts and the replies. I look after the whole county of Cheshire so don't have that much on the ground local knowledge of every area beyonf my own, which is why it is great that we get people in locals areas to respond to threads. I will tweet out the details @mumsnetcheshire and also put the details on our Facebook page - Mumsnet Cheshire.

We are looking for local Ambassadors to organise local meet ups with Mums; are any of you interested? No £ in it I'm sorry to say, let me know if you would like more detail cheshire@mumsnetlocal.com

Thanks

Ravello99 Sun 08-Feb-15 18:22:41

I should have added for any other Cheshire mums that we have groups at Tarvin (Wednesday) & Kelsall (Thursday) both at 10.00 - 11.30am Look forward to meeting you!

MrsCheshire2014 Sat 14-Feb-15 21:32:27

Thanks Ravello99, I'm still working but once I finish I'll come along!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: