Talk

Advanced search

The wonder of Wivenhoe?

(5 Posts)
ptiger74 Mon 26-Jan-15 18:16:02

Hi there
We are looking to relocate from London to Wivenhoe with our 4 year old daughter. We have heard a lot of good things about Wivenhoe and from visiting today we can see the area is beautiful with some lovely properties, the only concern though is it was terribly quiet! We couldn't even find somewhere for a cup of tea and we were the only ones walking around! Are we missing something? Wivenhoe really is lovely, and the talk of artists/bohemian types is very appealing, but where are they!?!?

darcybear15 Thu 28-Jan-16 11:51:21

Hi I live in Wivenhoe, and I can confirm that there are 2 Cafes net the train station end, there are 6 pubs only one of which does not serve food. 2 fish and chip shops loads of Hairdressers and there are some lovely amenities up at the university too. It's really lovely here. Any more questions, jus ask X X x

whiteychappers Mon 15-Feb-16 14:52:30

I've lived here a few months, it is one of those places that feels like you need to have lived here for 20 years to be considered a local, its not as friendly as I was expecting.

whiteychappers Mon 15-Feb-16 14:54:02

I was expecting too for it to be not so quiet, I feel a bit isolated but need to give it a bit more time.

chilledteacher Thu 20-Sep-18 20:51:48

That's my experience, we've lived here 10 years, have kids at local school, tried the cricket club etc but it's so cliquey. Hoping my kids generation might have better experiences living here than we do! 🙁

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »