Talk

Advanced search

Cookery Lessons

(4 Posts)
FirstTimeDad2014 Mon 19-Jan-15 23:49:29

I need help. confused

My wife is stressing out about not knowing what to cook (or how to cook) for our 7 month old daughter.
She will be the first to admit that she is no wiz in the kitchen.

So I'm wondering if there is anyone in the bath/bristol area that gives basic cookery lessons??

Thanks guys

ninetynineonehundred Tue 20-Jan-15 20:09:50

Hi firsttime.
Depends on whether you want to do baby led weaning or purees.
There is a lot of information on line about blw but at it's most basic it's having what you have without being pureed.
There is nothing wrong at all with jars of baby food, if you look at the ingredients you'll find nothing in there that you wouldn't use yourself and texturally (to make up a word) they will be suitable so you don't need to faff about.
At this stage your daughter will only need very basic food to experience having something other than milk, mashed banana, baby porridge etc.
If you and your wife want to do something more involved try getting a book like the Annabel karmel book which provides information on stages of weaning plus recipes. It also explains which foods are suitable and when to introduce them (eg no honey before 12 months)
Or do what a lot of people do and do a mix of all the above.
Are you planning to cook for baby too?

ninetynineonehundred Tue 20-Jan-15 20:11:17

Sorry, I know that doesn't answer your question exactly but you may find that your wife doesn't need lessons with something like the weaning book.
Good luck

LocalEditorBath Thu 22-Jan-15 11:06:03

Hello FirstTime

ninety has offered great advice flowers

I wasn't -and am still not- a whizz in the kitchen, but this woman helped me to wean my babies and feed my toddlers well.

If you do both feel that a class would be more appropriate, I have found a couple of local schools. Their classes are good for beginners, but are not exactly 'How to prepare food for your baby'etc

Demuths is vegetarian cookery, but the classes will cover basic food prep.

Lucknam Park cookery school has beginner courses

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: