Talk

Advanced search

Moving to Norfolk

(5 Posts)
lucysaurus Thu 15-Jan-15 17:20:52

Dear all,
I am currently living in Wimbledon with my two children (7 and 5) and my DH and we want to start a new life outside of London. I grew up in London so I do not know a lot about other places. We want to live somewhere in the countryside perhaps in a small village but still with a reasonable amount of shops nearby. DH needs a commute into London so there needs to be a train. Our budget for the move £1m so money is not an issue. Any help greatly appreciated smile
Thanks x

lljkk Sat 17-Jan-15 19:51:12

I don't know why you want to move out of London & still have a London lifestyle (long hours spent commuting). Sorry to sound harsh, but a lot of people do this & I think come to find the long commute very arduous. I suggest somewhere in Essex or Suffolk instead.

katyelf Tue 27-Jan-15 14:42:28

I have only lived in Norfolk for 2 and a half years, so I'm sure there are people better informed than me, but from what I know to travel easily back to London you would need to be looking around Diss or Norwich. They are on the mainline into London Liverpool Street. There are some lovely villages around but I think you may struggle to find somewhere that has all the amenities you would like, without being in a town.

PM me of you'd like any other help smile

Plomino Fri 13-Feb-15 21:33:54

Actually the easiest train line back to London is the Fen Line - terminates at Kings Lynn and is about an hour and a half into Kings Cross - I use this a lot as I work in North London , and I rarely have a problem. Also seems a lot more reliable than trains from Norwich lately with Greater Anglia . Main road into Lynn would be the A149 or A148 which are the two roads leading to the North Norfolk Coast - which tends to be more popular with those who want shops and a particular lifestyle . Burnham market , otherwise known as Chelsea by the sea is also very nice and quite civilised . There is more to the county than Norwich .

wiljett Sat 14-Feb-15 21:14:05

I absolutely agree, the North Norfolk coast is stunning, just depends where in the south you need access to more quickly. I'd much rather be up there on the coast, but circumstances are that being closer to the suffolk/norfolk border is better for us. Burnham Market is gorgeous smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: