Talk

Advanced search

Moving to Hertfordshire

(3 Posts)
lucysaurus Thu 15-Jan-15 17:19:14

Dear all,
I am currently living in Wimbledon with my two children (7 and 5) and my DH and we want to start a new life outside of London. I grew up in London so I do not know a lot about other places. We want to live somewhere in the countryside perhaps in a small village but still with a reasonable amount of shops nearby. DH needs a commute into London so there needs to be a train. Our budget for the move £1m so money is not an issue. Any help greatly appreciated smile
Thanks x

Helen83 Tue 20-Jan-15 11:00:30

Hi

I stumbled across your message as I also live in Wimbledon and have an 18 month old and we are looking at St Albans too.

It's a lot to weigh up and I'm looking for any advice on areas to live in for easy access to train station and good schools - can any St Albaners offer us your advice?

Thanks!

thisismel Thu 22-Jan-15 02:12:17

Hi All,

I am very new to this but... We are moving to St Albans from Australia at the end of March 2015. We have 2 little girls one just starting school here is Australia and the other in Year 2.
Can someone please help with how the In Year admissions work and what the likelihood is of us getting the girls into a good school.
We have a flat in the heart of St Albans, on London Road.

Cheers!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: