Talk

Advanced search

Moving to Derbyshire

(3 Posts)
Hn1234 Wed 25-Feb-15 07:45:24

Have you thought about Retford. It's a small town with a train which only takes an hour to London. However it is in Nottinghamshire rather than Derbyshire but is still classed as a rural location and very close to Sherwood Forest and all its attractions.

Good luck

LadyMaryLikesCake Thu 15-Jan-15 22:50:01

It can take a while to travel from parts of Derbyshire to London. Your best bet is somewhere just outside Derby, have you looked at Duffield? It's close enough to the city centre to commute, has shops but is fairly rural. There's a train station there too so it would be easier to commute. The schools are great too.

lucysaurus Thu 15-Jan-15 17:14:28

Dear all,
I am currently living in Wimbledon with my two children (7 and 5) and my DH and we want to start a new life outside of London. I grew up in London so I do not know a lot about other places. We want to live somewhere in the countryside perhaps in a small village but still with a reasonable amount of shops nearby. DH needs a commute into London so there needs to be a train. Our budget for the move £1m so money is not an issue. Any help greatly appreciated smile
Thanks x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »