Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone travel from Wakefield area to Heckmondwike Grammar?

(7 Posts)
Popuppr Thu 15-Jan-15 09:42:20

Hi everyone,

My daughter has passed the Heckmondwick Exam but I am waiting to hear if she has definitely got a place. However, I am now panicking if she does get a place how she will get there. Someone told me it is 3 buses from Wakefield? I live in Lofthouse. Does anyone know if there is school bus or a bus that parents pay for that picks up in the Wakefield? Any advice/help would be appreciated? Anyone else in this situation maybe we could sort something out re: car share? Amanda

twentyten Thu 15-Jan-15 09:44:33

Have you asked the school what transport is available? When will you have a place confirmed?

Popuppr Thu 15-Jan-15 19:20:13

We will know in March. I will ask the school but someone else I know turned the place down as they couldnt get their child there last year.

Bucketofstars Sun 25-Jan-15 10:19:37

I'm in Heckmondwike. My only experience of travelling to Wakefield by public transport was to Pinderfields and that was a journey of Heckmondwike-Leeds, Leeds-Pinderfields on the way there and Pinders-Wakefield, Wakefield-Dewsbury, Dewsbury-Heckmondwike. It was at least 2 hours each way and I can't imagine it being much difference from Lofthouse unfortunately.

Some parents do organise car shares/taxi shares from places further afield to and from HGS so if she gets a place it would definitely be worth finding out if that is a possibility before refusing the place.

mimimawork Tue 10-Mar-15 12:45:20

Hi Popuppr,
Have you found out about travelling to Heckmondwike Grammar School from Wakefield. I am also looking for options regarding this matter.

shrimponastick Tue 14-Apr-15 08:34:20

DS is at HGS. I have seen notices on the school website for parents offering/requesting car shares. Alternative would be a taxi. If shared with another pupil then cost could be worth it?

I don't know how many pupils come from Wakefield? Most seem pretty local, or within one bus journey (like ds).

Good school thougwh. DS in y 12 now.

mimimawork Thu 23-Apr-15 17:01:42

Thanks shrimponastick,
Currently trying to arrange a taxi with one of the parents. There are about 6 children now, will see how things turn out, when the school starts in September.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »