Talk

Advanced search

Brockworth or Hucclecote

(5 Posts)
myerkat Wed 14-Jan-15 21:10:08

Brockworth, Hucclecote or somewhere else...?!

We are moving from Reading in March/ April to Gloucester area and need to be somewhere with easy access to both Gloucester and Cheltenham for my partners job, and also easy access to the M5 as I will commute to Reading once a week.

We have two kids; a 2 1/2 and a 6month old.

We are looking for somewhere with some toddler activities running locally, and also childcare for when I go back to work. And would be lovely to be somewhere that has got a good sense of community, lparks and out door space... Oh and a nice local pub?? Am I asking for too much?!

Brockworth and Hucclecote tick the right boxes in terms of location but can anyone give me an insiders view on what life is like there? Especially with small children?

Really appreciate any advice .... I've never moved out of Reading before and am pretty daunted but excited!

heather03 Wed 25-Feb-15 12:39:13

Hi
Sorry I won't be much help on the subject, but had to let you know that me and my other half are doing exactly the same thing in June/July. He will be working in Brockworth so we are looking around that area too. Have you visited the area yet? I only have once and only eat at the beefeater lol. It is very daunting as we are expecting out first child at the end of july. So really wanted to say if you are any further forward with your investigations can you let me know? And I will do the same. Nice to know there is someone else in a similar position smile

Thanks

leanne963 Wed 25-Feb-15 13:28:50

Heya! I live in Brockworth, expecting first child in May! It is fantastic to be so close to Cheltenham without paying for Cheltenham prices, i am currently at Uni in Chelts so it takes me 10-15 minutes to drive in which is great. There is a children's center just around the corner and lots of places to walk our dog and nurseries nearby! I highly recommend it! I also need access to the M5 as all my family and friends live in Bristol.

:D

If you want to know anything else just ask or message me!

heather03 Tue 03-Mar-15 11:52:24

Hi leanne

Any good pubs/restaurants in the area too?

Thanks

leanne963 Fri 13-Mar-15 13:23:50

There is a Toby Carvery and Beefeater within walking distance of my house, plus there are a few small named restaurants and pubs nearby. I'm not a big pub person so couldnt recommend any personally smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »