Advanced search

GP recommendation in central Cambridge please

(10 Posts)
HomeH Tue 13-Jan-15 14:29:44

Hi everyone. I'm 32 weeks pregnant and we are moving to a rented house in central Cambridge next week while we search for a place to buy in the area. From what I understand, I need to get registered straight away with a GP in order to access maternity services (though we are planning a homebirth), and I wondered if anyone has a recommendation of which central GP surgery I should consider? I think the Trumpington Street or Lensfield Medical practices will be our closest so I'd welcome any comments about either! I also have a 2 year old so somewhere that's good with little ones would be useful. Thanks in advance....

LocalEditorCambridge Tue 13-Jan-15 16:01:55

Not sure if this one is any good for you but Newnham Walk Surgery are great. I haven't had babies in Cambridge so can't comment on the ante natal care.

Good luck - hope you're feeling OK.

newnham walk surgery

Lizardc Tue 13-Jan-15 19:42:27

We are at Bridge Street. They've been great with all three of my pregnancies and most of the doctors there, but Dr Devine in particular, are great with young children.

Lizardc Tue 13-Jan-15 19:43:24

Lizardc Tue 13-Jan-15 19:44:27

Ps I am 32 weeks too, plus have a 2 year old (and a four year old as well!).

ChestertonCharley Wed 14-Jan-15 12:32:11

Second Bridge Street.

SiliconJen Wed 14-Jan-15 21:58:05

I used to be with lensfield road before we moved and they were fab, especially the lovely midwife Ailsa who was with us for my home birth. But this was 8 years ago so I don't know if she is still there.

romseyroo Wed 14-Jan-15 22:00:11

Trumpinton street are brilliant. I've been with them on and off for nearly 20 years, they've seen me through 3 kids. The female doctors there are particularly good. Bonus is that the receptionists are lovely!

HomeH Thu 15-Jan-15 16:13:21

Thanks so much for your replies everyone, it sounds as though all the practices have a good reputation, which is very reassuring. Perhaps I'll try Bridge Street since it has had 2 votes!

bufforpington1 Sat 24-Jan-15 18:08:13

Have just seen this and wanted to add my support for Bridge Street. I've been one their patients for around 25 years and have always found them wonderful. Managed to convert my husband who finds them equally positive and supportive. I've been through pregnancy and childbirth with them (the practice midwife delivering our second child). Can't fault and would particularly praise the divine Dr Devine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now