Talk

Advanced search

Affordable areas to live near Clifton High School

(5 Posts)
Schnecker10 Wed 07-Jan-15 14:47:25

Hi. We're relocating to Bristol this summer from Newcastle upon Tyne and considering CHS as an option for our daughters. What is traffic like near there when doing the school run? Can you park easily? Which local places near there are good to live which are affordable? We lack the local knowledge which would help us make a decision about living there. Any local insight would be much appreciated as to attending CHS and the logistics of it as a school. Thanks

crazymum53 Wed 07-Jan-15 18:00:44

Just in case you hadn't realised from the school name, Clifton High School is an independent school, so the area where you live isn't really relevant for school admissions if you can afford the fees.
Affordability depends on your budget, but Clifton itself is the most expensive area of Bristol to live. Areas of North Bristol that you may find affordable would be Horfield, parts of Bishopston and St Andrews.

dizzy14 Mon 12-Jan-15 16:35:22

Hi, I used to work in Clifton Village and the parking is a complete nightmare. It is also one of the most expensive parts of the city to live in. As crazymum pointed out, places like Bishopston and St Andrews aren't too far away and a bit more affordable. If you are specifically looking at independent schools have you looked at Redland High? It's my old school so probably a bit biased but always worth knowing about other options.

PerditaXDream Mon 12-Jan-15 16:48:57

I think you would need to define what you mean by affordable. To me that would mean a budget of around £250k but that wouldn't get you much in Clifton or Bishopston.

crazymum53 Tue 13-Jan-15 16:43:20

Agree with PerditaXDream.
You could perhaps try it the other way round, if you would rather not state a budget i.e. post the names of some areas where you could afford to live and we can let you know what they're like!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: