Talk

Advanced search

Where to move?

(5 Posts)
MrsLB86 Mon 05-Jan-15 17:58:34

Me and my husband currently live in Norton Lees and with baby number 2 on the way we are looking to move into a bigger house before I go insane in our current one.

I'm originally from elsewhere and he's from the Peaks. We've lived in Sheffield for 5 years around this area but don't know much more of the city.

We've had a look at Eckington (I know it's not technically Sheffield but any help would be appreciated!) and found a few ideal houses but I don't know the area very well, other than the swimming pool! Is this a nice area / how are the schools?

Or could anyone offer any other suggestions in and around the city? We want something preferably 4 bedrooms, with off road parking and a garden (not much then!)

Thanks!!

PennyStone Sun 18-Jan-15 19:38:00

Penistone!

Hulababy Sun 18-Jan-15 19:46:33

Budget?

Any particular wants re what the location should offer?

Children's ages re schools?

MrsLB86 Sun 18-Jan-15 21:37:53

Somewhere quite quiet. My son is not quite 3 yet so somewhere with a good primary and secondary. Budget I'd say 240k.
I've never really heard of Penistone but will have a look smile

PennyStone Sun 18-Jan-15 22:55:09

Most of the primary schools in and around the Penistone area are outstanding. Penistone Grammar is the best secondary school in the LEA and is working hard to become outstanding. There is a railway line that runs between Sheffield and Huddersfield that has stations in Penistone and Silkstone Common.

The area is semi rural and pretty and also has easy access to the M1.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: