Talk

Advanced search

Stephen Perse Foundation

(7 Posts)
themightywalrus Sat 03-Jan-15 10:39:01

We have our assessment at the SPF (Reception year pre-prep) later this month and I was just trying to work out how much sending our kiddies there will cost. I'm having trouble finding out a couple of things - the approx cost of a uniform/PE kit and the cost/details of the early morning/late collection that's available. Could anyone help please?

And does anyone have any experience of the drop off in the morning please? I'll be making the journey from the Milton Road area and will need to get to work for 9am (although I suspect that I'll need to change my hours somewhat).

Any experience would be greatly appreciated!

FurlaBag Sat 03-Jan-15 19:35:21

I rang and emailed to find out about dropping off times and costs of before/after school sessions and got a very unprofessional response along the lines "I'm the new admin, have only been in the job and don't know". hmm
I decided not to apply purely on the back of this. If they're so disorganised not to be able to supply that info easily I don't want to give them £12 k a year to educate my son.
Sorry couldn't be of more help.

JennyWren1234 Tue 06-Jan-15 13:17:30

Regarding uniform, the school uses www.schoolblazer.com. You'll need to register to see the prices, but I don't think there's anything to stop you registering with dummy data to see the prices. My DD is in the senior school and I don't think the uniform we have had to buy her is ridiculously expensive (no blazers etc). We don't have any experience of drop off in the mornings because she uses one of the school minibuses from the park and ride site - I'm not sure if that's an option for the pre-prep though. I know junior school children use it, but not sure about the pre-prep. Our experience of the school has been very positive and I would definitely recommend it.

npa30 Thu 08-Jan-15 13:30:13

my daughter is in reception at the City site. It is a fantastic school. I couldn't recommend it more highly. The experience of Furlabag is not what I have ever experienced - and we have been with them since Kindergarten. Perhaps there is someone new that could have done better but I suggest meeting the teachers, the Head and visiting the school. It is an attentive, superb school that has been perfect for my daughter. The parents are all working families, we have made some great friends and my daughter is doing brilliantly.
Uniform is not too expensive. Certainly no costly blazers and much of it can be bought from John lewis - the tights, polo necks, etc. You can drop off from 8am - the teacher is in the class. There are loads of after school clubs as well as great late stay till 530 where they get given an afternoon tea.

aliperi75 Fri 16-Jan-15 11:44:42

Hi npa30. I was wondering if you could tell me what do you do for holidays? They used to have a holiday club for 3-8 year olds, but this has changed and they only take from 5 onwards, they use an outside company now. This is what is putting me (and other people I know) off, as my DD would be for and I would have no holiday cover. A real shame they got rid off their great holiday club. Thanks

Perilla Fri 16-Jan-15 18:21:19

Our experiences are closer to those of Furlabag and Aliperi75. Provision of wraparound care and holiday clubs hasn't struck us as one of their strengths.

npa30 Thu 05-Feb-15 15:04:08

hi Aliperi - sorry only just seen this. In terms of wraparound care it is excellent. You can drop kids off at 8am for FREE (other schools in the area charge for this). There are lots of free after school clubs - you are allowed to choose 2 internal and one external (sports, yoga etc) but they also have a late stay (paid, till 530) where they provide tea and a place for kids to play/read etc. It is popular and though I have not used it often on the occasions that I have, my daughter enjoyed it. Many friends parents have their children in the late stay regularly. Never heard any issues. In terms of holiday clubs I agree, they have outsourced it and streamlined it to 5-8 year olds. It is costly but there are lots of local options at other schools as well as at the David Lloyd. I would suggest visiting before you make a decision on any of the schools but I do not think there is another private school I know of that offers such extensive options for term time wraparound care and so much of it for free.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: