Talk

Advanced search

Marshgate Primary School

(4 Posts)
LiaZF Sat 03-Jan-15 10:19:24

Hello! Do you have an idea of how far you need to live from Marshgate to have a realistic opportunity there? Thanks!

westwardho Wed 14-Jan-15 13:04:39

The following link gives the cut-off last year as 661m. And for 2013/14 as 989m (a bulge year when the school took 3 rather than the usual 2 classes). I think they have a bulge year every 3 years. If I recall correctly, distance is measured from your home to the closer of the two school gates, but you should check this with the detailed admissions info for the school (all available at the richmond.gov website).

www.richmond.gov.uk/primary_school_cut_off_distances_2014.pdf

Hope that helps!

westwardho Wed 14-Jan-15 13:11:04

Meant to add that I'm not sure if the 3 year rotation for bulge years still holds, now that the Vineyard School is permanent 3 form entry. I don't think decisions on where bulge classes are going to be are taken until later in the year. But you could always ask the admissions office at Richmond Council if they're able to clarify this.

Lauraquilliam Sat 07-Feb-15 21:27:45

Marshgate won't take another bulge year until 2017 as they have 2 bulge years at present. It will depend on how many siblings they have joining which I believe there will be quiet a few my son's year had 40 places out of 60 to siblings but a lot were from the 1st bulge year. So I would say the cut off will be similar to 2010

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: