Talk

Advanced search

Settling into Charlton Kings

(4 Posts)
newtoallthis2014 Fri 12-Sep-14 19:09:34

Hi everyone. I am mum to 3 boys - 10, 3 and 1. We're moving to Charlton Kings this month and i wondered if anyone could give us any advice on child-centric things to do so we can keep busy and settle in quickly? Thanks.

Cernabbas Sat 13-Sep-14 17:00:30

Hi!
don't know Charlton Kings very well, but just down the road at Leckhampton there is a great baby and toddler group at Emmanuel Church on Monday mornings. I'm in Gloucester rather than Cheltenham but work in that area, so feel free to PM me if there is anything else I can help you with!

Ledkr Wed 24-Sep-14 15:30:59

I'm in charlton kings and love living here.
I'd recommend the library for a list of things to do but there are toddler groups most days and various activities in the library, local events are organised at Xmas and in the summer, there are a couple of pubs and nice cafés. My fiend and I have just spent the morning at the precinct with our 3 yr old girls, they had a look in the library, a scoot around, lunch in the Snug then some paddling in the water feature.
You will love it here, very friendly and happy little place.

DontCallMeBaby Fri 26-Sep-14 23:22:10

We're new to CK but Cheltenham old hands. smile I'd considered this: artacademyglos.moonfruit.com for DD, 10, but decided she's too busy already. Age range is 4-13 so good for the 10yo.

Ledkr's right about the precinct, Church Piece, just a little place but lots of things going on. Water feature novelty hasn't worn off for DD! And I guess the novelty of a decent chippy within walking-and-chips-not-going-cold distance hasn't worn off for me. grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: