Talk

Advanced search

Family Fun in East Yorkshire / Hull

(4 Posts)
SandersteadMum Wed 18-Jun-14 11:41:09

We are holidaying near Bridlington this summer and I was wondering if any locals could recommend places to visit. My children are 7 and 5. We'll be going into Hull to visit DH's family too.

Any ideas would be great.

DianaLyn Wed 18-Jun-14 13:00:16

Filey's really lovely. It's a bit quieter than Bridlington with lots of kid friendly stuff on and around the beach. Honeysuckle Farm outside of Hornsea is nice, kids can feed the animals and there's several different playgrounds and a maze.

LocalEditorHull Fri 27-Jun-14 11:23:17

Hi SandersteadMum!

As DianaLyn said, Filey is a lovely place to visit. Playdale Farm near Scarborough is a good day out too.
Yorkshire Wildlife Park is not too far from Hull and is fab and of course in Hull itself is The Deep which is worth a visit if you get chance.

Hope you have a fab holiday x

SandersteadMum Mon 11-Aug-14 23:18:08

So, our trip to East Yorkshire / Hull is almost upon us. Thanks for the tips I received here. You've given us some useful pointers. We also need to find a nice pool as our DS needs to swim several times a week for health reasons. Are there any particularly nice/fun/clean ones you'd recommend?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »