Talk

Advanced search

Moving to St Andrews

(3 Posts)
raboo Fri 30-May-14 20:12:55

Hi everyone,

We're in the early stages of planning a move to St Andrews this year, and wondering which parts of the town are best for families. DS will be 2 in August. Can anyone offer us an insider's view?

TIA

Pixielady83 Thu 28-Aug-14 15:52:36

Bumping this post to see if anyone has any thoughts on it? We are possibly going to be in a similar position. DH has a job interview in St Andrews and a move to the area could be on the cards. If the job comes through I would like to live within commuting distance to St Andrews somewhere with a community feel, good children's/toddler groups and friendly. We have a 4 year old and 6mth old. Any advice much appreciated grin

chesticles Mon 06-Oct-14 13:04:16

Hi raboo and Pixielady83
Sorry you've not had any replies! this board can be really quiet.
St Andrews is tiny so it's difficult to suggest any area that is better than others as everywhere is close. However St Andrews is very expensive to live in, especially compared to the rest of Fife. I do know some families that live in St Andrews, but a lot more live in other close by towns such as Cupar, Tayport, Newport, Crail, Anstruther as you get so much more house for your money. They also have more of a community feel as St Andrews population can be quite transient with students, tourists and people only on short term contracts. I live in Cupar and find it great, not too far away from anywhere, good transport links, lots of tots groups and friendly people.
Good luck with your moves

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »