Talk

Advanced search

Anyone from Grange Over Sands/Allithwaite?

(7 Posts)
Lepaskilf Mon 19-May-14 17:41:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ElizaBennett Tue 20-May-14 20:05:11

I don't know Allithwaite well, but my parents live in Lindale (just outside Grange). There's a playgroup there on a Tuesday that they take my son to and really like. I'm pretty sure there are baby groups in both Allithwaite and Grange too.

There's a few MNers just up the road in Kendal if you want to meet up when you get here smile

LocalEditorCumbria Wed 21-May-14 22:03:30

Hi my son goes to Allithwaite School and we are very pleased with it. He also went to Grange Nursery and we were pleased with there too. I am leaving this position shortly but would be happy to answer any questions you wish to know about the area.

Best wishes

Sian

Lepaskilf Thu 22-May-14 21:49:25

allithwaite Mon 30-Jun-14 12:18:33

I'd aviod Allithwaite School and go for either Cartmel, Lindale or Grange - we took our child out of allithwaite.

Allithwaite is a great village lots of famililes.

as far as things for kids to do loads - usual beavers, cubs, scouts, rainbows, brownies, guides, dance, theatre, baseball, football local parks Cartmel, Linedale & Allithwate are community run and well looked after. Grange are local council and again well looked after.

Grange has a really good range of shops - including good butchers, bakers etc.

I don't think we miss out on much its an active community all round

Lepaskilf Fri 04-Jul-14 20:47:42

allithwaite Wed 09-Jul-14 12:39:16

Sent you a message re- reasons

not much on the main road just the school traffic - very safe usually..

its a great place to live

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »