Talk

Advanced search

Please help! wedding venue

(10 Posts)
drinkyourmilk Tue 25-Feb-14 15:02:50

Hi,
My fiance and I want to marry in October this year. We live down south now but I'm originally from north shields. My grandparents are both very old (over 90) and can't travel so if I want them to attend it's got to be local to shiremoor/whitley bay/Killingworth etc. My parents are away until mid summer so I need to book without help.
It'll be very small -12 adults and a baby. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. All I can find online is registry offices.

LocalEditorTyneside Wed 26-Feb-14 11:17:41

Hi drinkyourmilk,

Firstly, congratulations on your upcoming wedding. Do you know what sort of thing you are after?

The only place I can think of off the top of my head is The Grand Hotel in Tynemouth, but not sure what numbers they cater for.

I will put a shout out on facebook and twitter and see if anyone else can be more help.

Kelly

mousebacon Wed 26-Feb-14 19:01:42

Just seen this on twitter and headed over to suggest The Grand! They could probably offer you 'private dining' rather than a huge do. The food is lovely, it's right on the sea. Definitely worth a look. I'll keep thinking!

LocalEditorTyneside Wed 26-Feb-14 20:32:28

Hi drinkyourmilk,

Apparently, if you contact the local registry office they will be able to provide you with a list of every where in the area that is licensed to hold weddings.

Hope this helps and you find a great wedding venue.

Good luck!

drinkyourmilk Thu 27-Feb-14 19:18:26

Oh you lovely lovely people! I used to work at the grand!
Will contact the registry office and ask for the list.

drinkyourmilk Sun 04-May-14 11:45:52

Hi. Just thought I'd update. We have booked at Jesmond dene house. It looks lovely, and we've got everything for £1000!
The only thing we need now is a photographer.
Any suggestions?

Jenny2014 Sun 04-May-14 20:14:26

We used Foster and Foster. A married couple who do photography. They're local, reasonably priced and a few of our friends used them too because they loved our photos and were impressed by how professional and friendly they were.
fosterandfoster.co.uk

drinkyourmilk Sun 04-May-14 23:07:42

Lovely. Thanks Jenny, I will contact them and ask if they can help.

katrina36 Thu 06-Nov-14 09:32:03

The park hotel also have different size rooms for smaller and larger weddings, may be worth having a look there, also crusoes on the beach looks lovely all done up for a wedding,and i know it is £25.00ph in there because I priced it for my own wedding next year but didn't have my date available, good luck.

katrina36 Thu 06-Nov-14 09:43:11

Sorry I have just read that you got booked lol

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: