Talk

Advanced search

Local Chat Thread for FIFE - all welcome. Come and have a blether

(6 Posts)
LEDundeeAngus Thu 09-Jan-14 10:52:48

Our first newsletter will be going out this week, so I thought it was a good time to start a new chat thread.

Jump in and start posting - don't be shy. You can post on Local without revealing your identity - most of us have a different Local chat name to our normal Mumsnet name.

I am Local Editor for Fife (and for Dundee Angus). I keep the Local pages neat and tidy, help organise meetups in the area, and run the social media pages Facebook and www.twitter.com/mumsnetfife. I also write a blog for the area - highlighting events and businesses in the area.

My kids are 9 and 11yrs old and I live in Dundee. I am a frequent visitor to Fife though, mainly on the search for long walks with the dog and good cake.

This week I am mainly catching up on all the stuff that didn't get done over the festive season, and enjoying the peace and quiet now I have the house to myself!

How are you all doing?

singingchipie Sun 12-Jan-14 21:27:13

Happy New Year Mumsnetters! Things are slowly returning back to some kind of normal after a great long holiday smile
My new years resolution is to get fit and get out walking. I've managed a few with the buggy so far so hopefully I can keep up the momentum...
I live in Kirkcaldy and have a 2 1/2 year old boy who keeps me busy!
Looking forward to our first local meet of 2014. I am Local Ambassador for the Kirkcaldy area and will be arranging a meet up with the Local Editor as well as other mums. There have been a few new members joining our local meetup page recently so we have the makings of a good group smile
See you soon!

LEDundeeAngus Tue 14-Jan-14 15:12:21

Hi Singing, how are you doing?

Yes, we've had a few sign ups on the local meetup pages, so I know you are all out there LURKING. Do say hello - it might seem like you are bursting in on a private conversation, but you really aren't. We are all quite new here on MN Local.

Did you all get your first newsletter? I battled with the Mumsnet tech stuff to get it out. A large gin was needed afterwards.

3littlebirds Thu 16-Jan-14 12:44:58

I'm guessing this isn't the most active board out there?!! ;-)

I live in Burntisland and am expecting my first baby so thought it would be good to hear what's going on locally :-)

Would be nice to hear from anyone else in the area.

singingchipie Sat 18-Jan-14 15:06:35

We're good thanks, finally moved house and settling in, all the upheaval seems like a long time ago now! So glad its done. Looking forward to the meet-up soon, should be able to make the 31st smile
Good work with the newsletter, wouldn't have thought that would be so hard to do! It's good to have some local newsy chat.

Welcome 3littlebirds, when are you due? We're building momentum I think ;) Good plan finding out what's on before the baby arrives, at least you will be clued up when they come along. I waited until mine came along then tried to see what was happening, definitely much harder that way!
There is plenty going on but no real centre point for information so we've been trying to build that into our local mumsnet site to help mums see what's happening.
Your health visitor will give you a list of local classes once your baby is born with things like messy play, baby massage etc which are great fun and good for meeting other mums. Also the library should run a Bookbugs session which is usually a really good class. Hope that helps to start with. The Potterabout cafe might have posters up of things going on as I know they have a small childrens play area at the back so worth asking them if they know of any local groups and classes too.
Meeting other mums before birth is good too, I'm not sure if Burntisland pool does aquanatal classes or not? Yoga for pregnancy is good for meeting other local mums too. Hope that's not information overload and some of it useful! Let me know smile

WeePoppy Wed 04-Mar-15 18:11:04

Hello Fifers wink

I'm new on Mumsnet and expecting my first child in November.
I live in North East Fife and would love to chat to local people!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »