Talk

Advanced search

Where would you move to?

(3 Posts)
Vonstance Sun 03-Nov-13 10:58:12

Morning!

I live in Glasgow but we have to move out of our house in the next few months and since both hubby & I are based at the University, we were thinking about moving nearer Ayr.
I am not au fait with where is nice and where is not - I'd really appreciate some guidance. Can you give me some recommendations?

I'll need to find a primary school too. Argh! So much to do!

OooohShiny Fri 08-Nov-13 08:26:47

I suppose it depends entirely on what you want from where you live?

I've lived in and around Ayrshire (mainly East) for most of my life and I could give suggestions based purely on where I think would be a nice place to live but it might not be what you're looking for.

I currently live in Galston, it's a great central location as you're 20 mins from Ayr, 5 minutes from Killie and 30-40 minutes into Glasgow city centre. It has (from what I've heard) a good nursery and primary and secondary school. Transport links are not so hot though and so you'd need a car. And we have a new Tesco opening in a couple of weeks time.

Ayr is lovely but I'd probably choose Prestwick over Ayr as it has a more villagey feel and has lots of lovely independent shops, bars etc. Troon is also lovely. Further out you have Coylton and Mauchline which are both still fairly 'desireable'.

I could go on and on and on....feel free to pm me or ask more

Vonstance Sun 10-Nov-13 11:25:34

I have some friends who live in Galston but I think I'd like to move nearer the beach. I'll have a wee look at Prestwick smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »