Talk

Advanced search

Just in case anyone pops their head in!

(15 Posts)
GleamingInStevenston Fri 27-Sep-13 09:44:16

There are lots of threads around on MN saying 'I looked at my local site and there was no-one there' - so just in case you've popped your head round the North Ayrshire door - Hiya! Do leave a message, even if all it says is hi! grin

GleamingInStevenston Fri 08-Nov-13 11:59:04

Just bumping, at the risk of looking like I am talking to myself! Just so that anyone who pops in knows there's still someone here.

There are a small number of us round here who meet for coffee and other things, you'd be welcome to join us, and if you need information about the area - just post and we'll all pop in to help smile

KilwinningMacdog Fri 22-Nov-13 22:24:18

tardis tardis tardis tardis tardis tardis tardis tardis

grin

GleamingInStevenston Fri 22-Nov-13 22:47:23

! !! !!! !!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[sounds of words failing me]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

GleamingInStevenston Fri 22-Nov-13 23:16:56

There I was thinking that I was the only person in North Ayrshire Local... and mentioned to my 'friend' Ms Macdog that I wondered how long it would be before anyone new turned up and was going to talk to myself until then, so she better not post on the thread and spoil its simplistic beauty...

This is of course the moment when some slightly tentative newcomer WILL poke her head round the corner and then RUN A MILE

However, there are two of us, at least, here to welcome anyone daft enough you grin

mychina Sun 16-Mar-14 19:25:01

I'm daft enough, just being nosy.

GleamingInStevenston Thu 24-Apr-14 15:40:35

waves to mychina

mychina Tue 29-Apr-14 18:08:22

Hello gleaming, pleased to meet you.

GleamingInStevenston Tue 29-Apr-14 18:25:09

and you mychina - whereabouts in N Ayrshire - Inverclyde ar you - ir's pretty obvious where I am!

mychina Tue 29-Apr-14 18:38:53

Dalry, hence my nickname smile.

GleamingInStevenston Thu 15-May-14 18:28:19

Clearly I've either not been here long enough or am just toooooo thick to understand why mychina means Dalry....

LocalEditorNAyrshireInverclyde Mon 19-May-14 22:38:03

No, I'm in the dark too Gleaming! Let us in on the secret mychina smile.

trappedinsuburbia Thu 09-Oct-14 13:29:37

Hi i would like to join if anyone is still around smile

Nijnte2007 Mon 28-Mar-16 20:56:59

hello am in inverclyde... think forums are used less.. now fb..

GabrielaM Fri 01-Apr-16 14:31:59

Hi All. I'm Gaby and I live in Kilwinning. I've just had a baby. He is 4 months and a half. I'm wondering if there are any baby's groups for mother to get together. At the moment I'm attending a baby sensory one and it's great. I've been trying to find out if there is any Spanish language group for babies in North Ayrshire but I think that would be way too much to ask for.
Actually the main idea is to get to know other mothers. I'm not originally from Scotland. I'm from Argentina so I pretty much dont have friends here and I thought it would be a good idea to get to know other mummies who may be alone.
If so, just PM me!

Cheers,

Gaby

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »