Talk

Advanced search

Living in London and thinking of moving back

(3 Posts)
swings3031 Mon 09-Sep-13 21:52:56

Hi everyone, I have been driving myself insane with indecision! We live in London and have also been trying so hard to get on the property ladder for years and it is a completely impossible dream for us here. We are both fairly happy to agree that he stays because the pay rates are much greater and I move with the kids to somewhere more affordable and with a better lifestyle for the children i.e. not a 2 and 3 year waiting list for swimming lessons at the local leisure centre and school pools! I have family in Northern Ireland and have lived in London now for about 13 years. Every year I go to visit with the children and think of all the things that would be better for them if I moved back. I am worried though, I am currently doing a Graphic Design degree (before my youngest starts primary school) and have a background in software testing and project co-ordination. Would I get a job eventually? I am older too, 40. The other option is to travel further north to Cambridgeshire or Suffolk, but I don't feel the same about this option obviously, though it would be easier for their Dad to come home a few times a month (again houses more expensive). But we could afford a decent house in NI. As you can see I have been continually going round in circles and getting nowhere fast sad

Caro500 Mon 09-Sep-13 22:01:22

Me an dh lived in London 13 years and moved back to Cheshire when eldest DS was 2, he's now 11 and it was the best decision ever. Fab 3 bed house, big garden, all schools fab, great sports, football, parks and people. I do still love London and like to get back at least 2-3 times a year for my London fix!

Work wise no issues, I do market research and dh jobs takes him all over and he uses Skype a lot.

Do it, it's brilliant and you can get an ES Magazine app which i read religiously every week!

MMJ2013 Thu 17-Oct-13 14:53:04

Its scary but worth doing.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »