Talk

Advanced search

Moving to borders... kelso or melrose??

(3 Posts)
MumMclean Sun 21-Jul-13 09:00:56

Hi there i am moving to the Borders around Christmas time and am stuck between Kelso and Melrose. I have 3.5 year old and a 5month old baby so would like lots of thing to do. I want to move somewhere its easy to meet people and make new friends through play groups etc. All advice welcome.. Thanks, Julie

Yvonneprintemps Mon 30-Sep-13 21:35:04

Hi
I live in Melrose and it's very nice. There is lots going on for children - playgroup, lots of sports, ponies, etc. Nearby St Boswells has a wonderful bookshop and cafe with a fab childrens' section and two listening rooms where they can hide away and listen to audiobooks! The high school at Earlston is very good too, when the time comes. There is Messy Church once a month which is good fun for little ones. There is Harestanes country park not far away with a good playpark. The river Tweed is endlessly fascinating. The shops are lovely and so are the cafes and it's nice not to have to ever go to supermarkets. Kelso looks lovely too but I can't comment on what it's like to live there. Have you seen the other moving to the borders thread? There are some strong opinions for and against on there!

Yvonneprintemps Fri 18-Oct-13 15:46:59

Have you decided, Julie? smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »