(29 Posts)
JellyBabiesSaveLives Thu 15-Nov-12 16:05:50

Someone's got to sit here first ...

TerrifyingSpaceMonkey Sun 18-Nov-12 11:50:51

Budge up.

<sits down heavily>

So, how are you?

JellyBabiesSaveLives Mon 19-Nov-12 16:22:49

Oh, hello. I am cold and damp and I would like a heated bench, please MN.

Definitelynomore Wed 21-Nov-12 21:58:48

Oh just found this. It's Wednesday and still it is cold and damp.

Hello all.

TerrifyingSpaceMonkey Thu 22-Nov-12 11:43:26

Hello!

Maybe we could as mnhq for blankets if they won't spring for a heated bench.

At least it's stopped raining...

Sooo, anyone know what we do next?

Definitelynomore Fri 23-Nov-12 12:34:57

We could mooch, people watch and have a brew I will be doing all this while trying to stop toddler seriously injuring himself or someone else.

JellyBabiesSaveLives Fri 23-Nov-12 17:56:27

(Takes deep breath)

I'm in Wilberfoss. Where are you all?

TerrifyingSpaceMonkey Sat 24-Nov-12 11:36:10

I'm in Beverley with a 2.5 year old and an (almost) 6 month old. I would love to mooch but best I can manage is a slump (I'll try not make the place look untidy).

Definitelynomore Sun 25-Nov-12 07:02:22

I'm in Ferriby (lived in beverley until 2 years ago) I have a 5yo dd and a 2yo ds.

TerrifyingSpaceMonkey if I still had 2 that age I probably would have struggled to stay vertical!

TerrifyingSpaceMonkey Mon 26-Nov-12 09:40:09

Luckily my 6 mth old dd is sensible and actually sleeps, unlike her brother who thought that letting me sleep longer than 30min at a time made me soft! Otherwise I'd be the one rocking in the corner by now.

Hope you weren't affected by the flooding JellyBabiesSaveLives, the local news said it was bad there?

Definitelynomore Mon 26-Nov-12 13:05:58

That's just like mine. Dd slept like a log most of the time (although does seem to think 6am is a good time to be up) ds still thinks it's fun to wake me at least once a night to complain about something. Duvet in the wrong place, Pluto fallen out of bed, just for the hell of it hmm.

JellyBabiesSaveLives Mon 26-Nov-12 18:58:56

I had 2 non-sleepers, followed by ds2 who likes sleep - I used to find him asleep on his playmat. He was a revelation (and a relief). They are 10, 7 and 5 now.

We've been watching the beck overflow, and they were dithering about whether to open the school this morning (they did, loud cheers from me when I got that text). Our house is a good long way from the water though.

TerrifyingSpaceMonkey Tue 27-Nov-12 10:55:58

Good news on both counts then JellyBabiesSaveLives grin

Second morning home with dd I woke up and realised she'd slept for 4 hours through, I was so shocked that babies do that I was convinced there was something wrong! Didn't help that when I looked at her the lighting in the room made her look grey, don't think I stopped shaking all day.

Ds is working on the pointless tantrums too Definitelynomore, his favourite one is to drop a toy in front of his feet, then shriek because he has to BEND DOWN AND PICK IT UP!!! Obviously it should just jump into his hand.

Definitelynomore Fri 30-Nov-12 14:01:34

Hope the water is staying away JellyBabies.

Bloody freezing today and Ds is having a funny mood day. Hope he's not getting ill. Bright as a button one minute, whingeing the next.

Are we all getting festive then? DH suggested putting up the tree this weekend, I'm afraid I was a grinch and quickly squashed that idea but I have already seen a few about.

JellyBabiesSaveLives Wed 05-Dec-12 21:44:13

Oooooh - a little tiny bit of snow here. I hope it stays away till the end of term, actually. But there is something exciting about snow falling!

We don't do Christmas decs till after ds2's birthday, next week. It's a bit of a rough time to have a birthday, but it does give me a cast-iron excuse not to put the tree up too early.

Definitelynomore Thu 06-Dec-12 17:27:34

We've had a bit too. Need to find the thermals I'm so cold.

It's a rubbish time to have a birthday, dd is the end of November and I have to make sure we have bought a card early in the month otherwise there are only Xmas cards and rubbish ones left, and that's in November!

We're doing trees this weekend as DH isn't here the following weekend and then it's Xmas so I have no choice.

How are the pointless tantrums coming along [TerrifyingSpaceMonkey] ours are getting really amusing, ds is such a drama queen. grin

TerrifyingSpaceMonkey Mon 10-Dec-12 11:32:08

Well I have to admire ds's dedication to perfecting his tantrums - hope he puts this much work into his schoolwork later! I think drama queen describes them perfectly Definitelynomore, his favourite is to gasp, mouth wide open, then hands to mouth before screaming hmm

I know what you mean about falling snow JellyBabiesSaveLives, I held ds up to the window during a snow shower. First year he's really noticed, it was one of those nice moments (until dd started howling!).

I don't envy either of you with the birthdays so close to Christmas, I worked with someone who's was mid December, she said she had the 'here's your combined present' thing as a kid off some relatives, or people were just too busy winding up to Xmas to bother much for her birthday.

Well dp decided to put up the decorations (or half. Badly.) on friday evening, much as I like Xmas, by the 27th I'm usually ready for them to be down. Bah grin

withjamin Tue 30-Apr-13 13:32:50

<clears dust off bench> I wonder if there is anybody here still?

I'm supposed to be the mn local ambassador person for Beverley, and I think I'm supposed to organise the odd meet-up (it will be a very odd meet-up if I'm the only one there...).

If a few more people crop up here and on the other boards I will sort something out, but for now I'll just pop in now and then to dust the cobwebs off the bench.

withjamin Mon 17-Jun-13 07:32:18

Short notice, but on every week until hols start- I will be in café Nero near m&s in beverley from 09.30 today. there will be a MN scarf and I will discretely put my local ambassador card on the table...

TashHag44 Sun 20-Oct-13 23:06:24

<flicks duster along bench>
<plonks self down>

<wonders if anyone ever comes along this way still>

I'm in Hornsea if anyone ever wants to meet for coffee

MNeastyorkshire Sun 27-Oct-13 11:28:31

<grateful that someone else has cleaned bench>
I lurk in a dutiful way... I don't think there are that many actual RL MNers around here - whenever I tell people in RL that I edit these MN local pages people say "ooh, MN, that's the one where they're all vipery bitches, innit? I prefer Nethuns". Am now v good at smiling and nodding in response.

Next time we head to Hornsea I will definitely let you know! Is there anywhere naice to go for coffee/buns? We normally just go straight to the beach <unimaginative>.

surpriseitsme Sun 16-Feb-14 22:41:48

Bench dusting... im in hornsea most weekends!

Holdernesscalling Thu 20-Feb-14 13:57:55

Helloooooooo anyone about here ? Just found this page. Not been on munsnet long, only 4 years

surpriseitsme Thu 20-Feb-14 23:30:33

Im only 10 hours late in replying! Some people have no patience humphhh!

HighlanderMam Sat 22-Feb-14 16:22:19

Hello. I live near York. I have one daughter who is nearly two. Anyone else sitting on a York bench?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: