Advanced search


(4 Posts)
gilly4 Wed 14-Nov-12 20:39:37

I was wondering if anyone out there would be interested in a local centre specialising in help for dyslexic children (assessing, specialist teaching) or courses for TAs and experienced teachers in dyslexia or parents courses to help explain what is going on with their dyslexic children. I am researching into opening a centre backed by a respected and well-known charitable organisation. I have 3 dyslexic children and am a specialist teacher and assessor. Let me know if you think you would be interested.

Hometoroost Thu 15-Nov-12 12:15:35

Your idea sounds good. There is a dyslexia unit in Reading that provides assessment and support. Will you be working in conjunction with them or offering a different level of support?

gilly4 Mon 19-Nov-12 20:33:57

We will be backed by the leading dyslexia centre in the country (The Helen Arkell Dyslexia Centre) and using everything they have to offer. We are now looking for a venue to host two free sessions for parents and/or professionals who support learners who struggle in school. So, if anyone knows of somewhere that might let us host these for free we would love to know! Thank you for your interest.

spidercat69 Sat 26-Jan-13 12:11:37

@gilly4 I am beginning to look at local provision for dyslexic children as my son, we suspect may be dyslexic- currently we waiting for an assessment at school. If you know of any specialist tutors in the Enfield area or are able to offer any advice I would be very grateful. Regards

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now