Talk

Advanced search

Taxis firms with infant car seats in Brighton/Hove?

(6 Posts)
Zoela1 Sat 10-Dec-11 09:54:38

Hi - Does anyone know if any taxi firms in Brighton and Hove have infant car seats? If not, what do people tend to do when they need to take a cab with a very little one? We're moving to the area soon and won't have a parking permit/car for a year so will probably take a few more cabs than usual...any suggestions? Thanks!

upthealdi Mon 12-Dec-11 17:08:21

When we've had to do this I've sat them on my lap and put the belt round both of us

NannyR Mon 12-Dec-11 17:20:07

Never put the belt around both you and the baby - if the driver brakes suddenly you will be thrown forward, your seatbelt will lock and the baby will be squashed in the middle.

namechangerbat Mon 12-Dec-11 17:21:24

Why don't you buy a seat for such occasions?

Zoela1 Mon 12-Dec-11 21:57:16

Hmmm - seems there's a gap in the market for taxis with car seats then! Yes, I've got a car seat, namechangerbat, but i'm thinking more of times when you just need to jump in a cab after walking to the supermarket with the buggy - often not practical to take a car seat - she's outgrown the infant carrier now. Oh well - if anyone else hears of a cab firm with seats, give me a shout! Until then I'll be getting very fit and taking a lot of buses! Thanks all.

Makyaveli Mon 15-Apr-19 16:53:19

Hi everyone! We have used Airport Taxi Brighton 01273839538 and they are brilliant. We booked Brighton to Heathrow with one child seat for our 4 years old and one infant seat for or 6 months old.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: