Talk

Advanced search

Oxfams

(7 Posts)
quirrelquarrel Sat 04-Jun-11 15:02:02

Lots seem to be shutting down...in the centre, and now the one in Acomb! Does anyone have any idea why? Such a pity.

Northernlurker Sat 04-Jun-11 15:09:50

Has the one on Goodramgate shut then? It seemed to be open last time I went past and the bookshop was definately open this week.

quirrelquarrel Sat 04-Jun-11 22:02:31

Oh, I do hope not for the Goodramgate one- but I meant the one near the Blake Head Bookshop, not the books and music one, and people have told me that others are closing (including a volunteer in the Acomb branch last time I was there- he said the Acomb shop would be receiving lots of music from Petergate). Although I guess the furniture Oxfam has been closed for ages- before it was the Yorkshire Food Company (?).
And Blake Head has closed...temporarily?

V. sad- I remember going there every Saturday when I was little and choosing my 30p books for the week (obvs, before they wised up!) and then doing work experience there sad

Northernlurker Sat 04-Jun-11 23:44:27

I haven't noticed the Micklegate one - I'll have a look tomorrow! I think the Blake Head has gone bust unfortunately.

LawrieMarlow Sun 05-Jun-11 00:25:55

When I walked past the Blake Head recently it definitely looked like they up and went very quickly sad Yorkshire Food Company also closed sad Here

quirrelquarrel Sun 05-Jun-11 08:09:46

Looking at the comments- sad about El Piano too.

Teaches us right, I guess, but why does it have to be the nicest shops!

mungojerrie Wed 08-Jun-11 20:17:50

I don't think El Piano has gone - I think the comment meant it had gone downhill - which I agree with to be honest!! Prices have really shot up there and the food isn't great! I am sorry to see Blakehead go, was a superb bookshop and cafe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now