Talk

Advanced search

Day Nurseries Tunbridge Wells

(10 Posts)
crazycomet Thu 02-Jun-11 11:07:36

Looking for a Day Nursery for my 3 yr old around Claremont Primary School can anyone give me some recommendations? Or if there isn't any around that area (as there doesnt seem to be), has anyone had any experience of Springfield Road or St Georges?

mycatoscar Fri 03-Jun-11 19:19:23

dd went to springfield road for 4 years (left last sept) and i was really happy with it.

Toughasoldboots Fri 03-Jun-11 19:31:07

I live really near to Springfield road and often see them out at the playing fields opposit. The toddlers all have to hold on to some bizarre contraption that is like a log with handles coming off it. The staff seem ok but there is always a child crying and I get upset watching ( disclaimer I hav probably forgotten what toddlers are like). It all seems very regimented when I see them out.

mycatoscar Sat 04-Jun-11 19:12:02

Thats interesting toughasoldboots, the staff were always very caring but then I wasnt there during the day. I guess day nurseries (unless small) will always be quite regimented because of the number of children and the safety involved in taking them out.

I've asked dd about holding onto handles and she doesnt seem to remember it, maybe a new thing but then when she was there they rarely had enough adults for the ratios to leave the nursery (you need higher ratio on trips than in the actual nursery) - I know they did used to take them to the park or to look at the local shops on days when a lot of children were off though.

I feel very sorry for you if you live in the same road as the nursery though, parking was always a complete nightmare - that was the biggest downside of the nursery for me.

I was thinking more about this, and I am pretty sure there is a nursery for slightly older children off or frant road, in birling road called rainbow nursery - they take children from 2 years and are open 8-6 mon to fri so that might be worth a look, or bunny run childcare here in eridge - both are the right end of town for claremont

Toughasoldboots Sat 04-Jun-11 21:10:17

Yes, it was a long pole with arms coming off it from both sides. Then each child is attached to each arm with a harness. Then an adult held each end.

It probably looked worse than it was, it just was going at quite a pace across the park and some of the smaller ones were struggling a bit.

I have never seen anything like it before.

Parking does look a nightmare for parents- I am a road over though so doesn't affect me luckily.

SaltNSauce Sat 04-Jun-11 21:23:38

Parents I know use Papillon but I don't know if it's a day nursery.
For mornings only Nivan Lodge is fab.

SaltNSauce Sat 04-Jun-11 21:25:38

Papillon

PanicMode Sun 05-Jun-11 10:54:39

There is a new nursery opening nr the station somewhere - little rascals I think it's called which may suit you. I personally didn't like St George's but lots of my friends have used it and are very happy with it. The waiting list is long though....

crazycomet Sun 05-Jun-11 11:14:05

Thanks for all your replies, will look into all your suggestions. If anyone can think of anywhere else please let me know

Floandno Thu 09-Jun-11 13:30:54

Niven lodge is brilliant. My son went to Hawkenbury. It was fab, he loved every second. The teachers are lovely and all the kids were happy and stimulated. It is mornings only though, but i wouldn't hesitate to send my second there, even though it's a bit of a trek for us! Hope you find somewhere.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now