Talk

Advanced search

Wood End School Harpenden

(3 Posts)
donttormentyoursister Mon 30-May-11 13:31:48

Hi, I am moving to Harpenden this summer, and have been collecting information about areas and primary schools for some time now.

I've now found two suitable properties, one very close to Roundwood and one very close to Wood End. Both schools are ofsted outstanding, but Roundwood is the school that everyone wants. I'm wondering why? Is it just because of the feed into Roundwood secondary? Or are there other reasons?

I'm also aware that both schools have waiting lists, so I'm not expecting to waltz into a place at either of them!

My main reasons for moving include schooling, so any information would be most gratefully received. Thank you.

edoli Mon 06-Jun-11 20:27:00

Good luck with the move- Harpenden is lovely.

Don't assume you'll get into either of those schools unless the houses are very close. Friends of mine have moved to Harpenden, partly for the good schools and got none of their 3 ranked choices for reception (that was 2 years ago and apparently this year was bad too). Just make sure you're very close to one of the schools you want and not too far away from either to get in anywhere!

donttormentyoursister Tue 07-Jun-11 09:36:16

Thanks for your good wishes, edoli. Yes, I'm beginning to understand how difficult it is to get places at the schools, my oldest will have to go onto waiting lists. Houses are difficult to come by as well, it seems!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now