Talk

Advanced search

Headstart Nursery Lewisham - views, anecdotes and feedback please

(5 Posts)
BabyPoonchie Wed 18-May-11 21:20:29

Hello, I am trying to find a nursery for my daughter and want to know what people have heard about or experienced at Headstart Lewisham? I have visited and read Ofstead but nothing beats feedback from other mums!

bellatrixrocks Sat 21-May-11 22:22:29

Hi
My daughter went to headstart for a few months last year. ( in the baby room)
I moved her to a nursery closer to home when a space became free but I was very happy with headstart.
They are one of the most expensive nurseries in the area but the staff are great - very friendly & helpful. It's a lovely building with lots of space & a nice big garden.
Since having moved dd to a new nursery I'm aware that Headstart was lacking in atmoshere - a bit clinical iykwim....
She often had a very snotty nose when I picked her up as did all the other children - so had not been wiped during the day. therefore she was ill quite a lot and had eye infections.
A couple of time she had a really sore bottom and a very wet nappy when i picked her up.
So both positives & negatives!
hope this helps

BabyPoonchie Sat 28-May-11 17:22:23

that does help a lot, many thanks bellatrixrocks :-)

weather123 Thu 02-Jun-11 20:52:40

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

yogi123 Wed 08-Jun-11 23:24:01

Hi my son went there from 18mths. Pros - good food that is varied , some staff are very thoughtful and professional, nice garden.
Cons - lack of communication constant throughout his time there as a parent you do the chasing of information, garden not very imaginative, lack of variety for my child to do , some staff seem very young and therefore always seemed slightly chaotic.
Would always be told they plan to this and that and nothing much came of it. If i was doing it again would try my hardest to get in a Childrens centre nursery

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: