Talk

Advanced search

Double glazing / PVC windows advice needed

(8 Posts)
aliperi Thu 05-May-11 17:54:15

Dear all
We want to change all our windows of a 3 bedroom terrace. We've had quotes from Zenith and Anglian Improvements. Both seems very dodgy selling techniques, they stayed in the house for over 2 hours and went on and on..... Anglian has been in Watchdog recently. Anglian quoted £4000 after dropping the price from £12,000!! and Zenith £5,500. They both slatted each othe off. We are so lost, anyone has any recommendations/advice. many thanks!

ChoccyJules Sat 21-May-11 23:46:30

Hi,

You may be sorted by now as the post isn't too recent but our builders are using these people for our extension (and have used them before):

http://www.nandcglass.co.uk/

We went to have a look at their stuff and a chat. I don't know exact prices but I know our quote was fine.

Jules

chubbly Mon 23-May-11 08:22:40

Anglia windows are so aggresive! One of their door to door salesman practically tried to force his way in for a sales pitch. When I'd only speak to him on the doorstep he literally stood there gawping at our house and trying to find any job they could do. We actually need work done but I won't be using them. We used everest but this was a couple of years ago.

SarkyLady Mon 23-May-11 09:15:53

We got a decent quote from 'Trulight' and they did a good job.
They are based south of Cambridge.

SarkyLady Mon 23-May-11 09:16:29

They are a smaller company fwiw.

spingspong Mon 23-May-11 12:39:49

We used County Windows (St Ives but will do work in Cambridge), very happy with the job

http://www.countywindows.com/

LabMonkey Wed 25-May-11 21:17:50

We used Anglian a couple of years ago and they were good. Regarding other companies I don't know but it's worth checking out their history. There are a number of glazing firms who have changed names regularly I believe due to financial problems etc which isn't a good sign.

But yes the Anglian sales tactic is dire - luckily DH is an amazing negotiator!

SummerLightning Tue 14-Jun-11 19:30:11

We used polarglaze who were very good. Also got Milton windows to quote too. Both are local and there was no mucking around with dodgy selling techniques. Polarglaze def still around as saw their van the other day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now