Talk

Advanced search

godalming secondary schools

(4 Posts)
meagle Tue 03-May-11 13:36:52

Hi all - we're moving to lovely Godalming and are v. excited except for the worry of getting a school place for my dd (junior school) and ds (secondary school). It seems Rodborough is full for ds's year and Godalming Jnr is full for ds's year. We are going to visit Broadwater soon - does anyone have any recent feedback on it? I know it has been badly thought of but I was hoping it had improved. I'm especially anxious about bullying as son is on autistic spectrum, so is a highly anxious child and has quirks that can make him a target.

any feedback would be gratefully received!
Thanks

Notnigella33 Wed 18-May-11 07:31:15

Choosing the right school is so individual to your child and visiting a school is the only way to know if it is right for your child, no matter what other people's opinions may be. I'm in Godalming too, but my little one isnt at school yet - so my perspective is only from what I knew as a teacher before I was a mummy!
Junior school wise there is also Busbridge Junior School, Greenoaks and Loseley Fields (didnt have a good OFTSED last year, but that should mean significant support and improvement at the school since then). A bit further out is the Chandler at Witley.
Secondary school wise, quite a few Godalming chn seem to also travel to Guildford County School and St Peter's (Catholic) in Guildford.
Godalming is a lovely place to live but choosing schools is tricky! Good luck with your search!
x

londoner01 Sun 29-May-11 23:45:08

any knowledge of moss lane? thanks.

Notnigella33 Thu 02-Jun-11 18:38:13

I have always heard good things of Moss Lane - it's infants so 4-7 and I think many children go from there to Godalming Juniors.
I'm hoping my little boy will go there.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: