Talk

Advanced search

Nurseries in or around Lee/Blackheath?

(8 Posts)
angel1976 Thu 24-Mar-11 12:58:21

Hi all,

We are (hopefully!) moving to Lee, very close to Manor House Garden, in a few months. DS1 (just turned 3) and DS2 (almost 17 months old) are currently in an excellent nursery based in a local school/children's centre. DS1 is about to move into their extended care day nursery (after Easter). DS1 has been in this nursery since 11 months old. I now work PT and they both go to nursery 8am-6pm two days a week. I am starting to panic about finding a nursery/pre-school in the new area that will have the same provisions and as good! They are both very settled and happy there. I really need them to be in nursery two full days a week (which rules out pre-schools that only do 3 hours a day), does anyone have any suggestions as to where I start looking? Thanks!

Ax

Slanted Sat 26-Mar-11 17:35:30

Hi,

I've been looking into this myself. DS is only a couple of weeks old, but the waiting lists for Blackheath nurseries can be very long.

I've heard good things about Zoom Nurseries - currently one in Hither Green and one in Eltham, and they have a new one opening in Lee Road in Blackheath in April.

There's also a Montessori nursery in the Blackheath village area - with an extremely long waiting list.

angel1976 Sat 26-Mar-11 20:58:50

Thanks Slanted! I am going to look into Zoom as a new nursery just walking distance from where we will be living sounds good.

Not too keen on the Montessori concept. But thank you. I don't know where you are looking at exactly but there's Blackheath Day Nursery in Blackheath Standard as well, which has a lovely setting (backs onto rugby field) but when I saw it a few years ago, I thought there were too many children there but otherwise it seemed like a pretty good nursery. I really appreciate your input.

Slanted Sun 27-Mar-11 10:38:07

You're welcome. The new Zoom is my first choice for DS when he's ready to go to nursery. The one in Hither Green has an excellent reputation, and hopefully the new one will be just as good.

angel1976 Sun 27-Mar-11 21:01:13

I've emailed the email address provided on the website with regards to the new nursery. Will call tomorrow if I can. I can give you first-hand experience of what it is like if we get a place! grin At least I won't be denying your DS of a place as my DSs will be out of there in not-too-long future (well, we are considering private school for the DSs and if they go, DS1 will start nursery in August...). Congrats by the way! grin

harj27 Tue 05-Apr-11 14:05:15

Hi my child goes to the Balckheath day nursery and i'm very happy with the service they provide.

She is very hppy there and when they have thier new extenstion built there will be alot more room.

the staff are very nice and helpful too

speculationisrife Mon 06-Jun-11 14:16:28

Hi - I know this thread is old, but just wanted to say our dd is at Zoom in Hither Green two days a week (she's now 2 and has been there since 6 months). It's fantastic - I trust them absolutely with her, she loves it and really thrives. The facilities are excellent both on the baby site and the site for the older ones over the road. The carers are lovely and treat all the children as individuals, and the admin staff are wonderful too. We have friends whose children have recently started at the new Blackheath site and they are very happy too.

speculationisrife Mon 06-Jun-11 14:18:59

Oh, and imo Manor House Gardens is the best family park in South London - there's a brilliant community around there, and it's a fab area for kids to grow up. Hope your move goes well!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now