Talk

Advanced search

C of E Primary Schools TW - admissions policies

(5 Posts)
maggie75 Sun 20-Mar-11 17:38:19

Hi

We are looking at moving to TW from London ... a well worn trail by the looks of things ... and trying to negotiate our way through the the primary school / catchment minefield.

It seems from what I can deduce, that to get into St James or St Johns, you dont have to be C of E, or attend church, just be happy that your child will receive an education from a school with a christian ethos - is this the case, or am I mis-interpreting the policies? Myself and DH were both brought up catholic, but havent had DD christened.

Many thanks for any light anyone can shed on this.

AnaKi Mon 11-Apr-11 17:10:17

Hello there, what you mentioned is correct, you don't have to be CofE or attend church although I heard it does help if you go to 1. CofE church 2. another church.
You can ask theschool for their registration form and you'll see a list of who has priority. ie. children with siblings in school, etc.

From what I heard this year people that live close to sandhurst rd, also almost end of st James Rd got in, just for your reference.

mycatoscar Wed 13-Apr-11 11:20:36

if you are applying for reception places, make sure you tick the church box which as you say simply states you are choosing the school because you want a c of e education. If you dont tick the box, you get put under the poeple who did regardless of distance etc

the main thing with both those schools is distance. The catchment for st johns nearly halved for the year we applied (last sept) and we didnt get in despite living 0.35 miles from the school.

SweetDCofMine Fri 27-May-11 18:59:46

Mycatoscar do you mind me asking, if your Dc didn't get into St Johns, what did you do?

mycatoscar Sun 29-May-11 16:15:11

we sent her to the school she was offered, which was also one of our choices.

She has been there since september and is really happy. Sometimes things are just ment to be/not be I think.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: