Talk

Advanced search

New mum in BS

(4 Posts)
Emandwilliam Sat 12-Mar-11 17:01:45

Hi I'm a new mum in BS my baby is 6 weeks old, I have lived here now for just over a year but as I worked in London I don't know too many people.

I'm keen to get to know more mums and babies (i have met a few already) so if anyone could recommend local groups, let me know.

Thanks
Emma

anonymosity Sat 12-Mar-11 18:57:16

Have you contacted your local NCT - they usually have coffee morning groups for new mums - which can be great. Or if they don't you can volunteer to be contact for setting one up. It doesn't take a huge amount, just choose a time and a venue that suits you...

Is there a local YMCA / YWCA? they sometimes have this kind of thing, and baby / mummy yoga, baby massage that kind of thing. I would run a few searches online and look in windows for flyers and so on.

Sorry not to be location specific - hope this helps. smile

Emandwilliam Sat 12-Mar-11 22:57:59

Thanks so much! The nct doesn't seem to have a great deal going on in this area maybe I'll have a go at organising something myself!!!

KvetaBarry Tue 07-Jun-11 14:01:25

just seen your post, sorry to be late in replying!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/home.php?sk=group_114565374439&ap=1 is the NCT group locally, it's worth asking if they have any bumps and babes scheduled, I found those really useful

also look for BS mummy meetups, although they are NMs, and I've never been to one, a lot of friends have and love it.

and if you are bfing, the local LLL is great smile http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/home.php?sk=group_121857364505836&ap=1

regarding groups, there is a playgroup on tues and thurs morning that my childminder runs at thorley community centre - feel free to pm me for the details, as I'd have to get them off her - she takes DS to it when he's with her smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now