Talk

Advanced search

JGPS kilt

(4 Posts)
dimaggio Wed 09-Mar-11 23:29:24

This may be complete misinformation I have but I was curious if anyone on here knew.

DS has been preparing for a wedding in a few weeks, and like many boys he is wearing a kilt. He said something rather like 'imagine if we all wore kilts to school, I love them'. Quick research found that JGPS had actually discussed having a kilt option for both boys and girls (though the picture looked more like a kilted skirt and too long). For those who know kids at this school, do any actually take up the option, especially boys? Most girls at the private schools do through necessity, but boys at state school?

Bellebelle Mon 21-Mar-11 23:41:35

Late reply but just catching up on local threads. I know quite a lot of girls at JGPS who wear the kilt but I'm yet to come across any boys wearing it to school.

As far as private schools go I know that it's the only option for Mary Erskines girls and that maybe Fettes boys wear kilts(?) but don't quote me on that.

OwlMother Tue 22-Mar-11 20:04:58

I know that quite a few boys at the Gaelic part of Tollcross primary wear kilts.

caldera5 Sun 29-May-11 16:52:38

the boys in the Gaelic unit at tollcross do not wear kilts! They have in the many years I have worked there worn them very rarely, for specific occasions if at all !

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: