Talk

Advanced search

Bristol snow

(5 Posts)
crumpetsolo Mon 20-Dec-10 09:50:20

What is the centre of town looking like trafficwise? We're in LA and side roads look pretty bad, although just seen someone brave driving past.

QueenofWhatever Mon 20-Dec-10 11:11:08

I'm in Ashley Down and it's pretty bad. The recycling lorry has just been though, albeit a couple of hours later than usual.

If you're desperate to come in, I would get the bus or Park and Ride.

Runoutofideas Mon 20-Dec-10 12:10:47

I'm not in the centre, but can see Falcondale rd heading from Westbury up towards the Downs. It is looking pretty slow - I'm not planning on going anywhere!

PussinJimmyChoos Mon 20-Dec-10 12:16:51

I think M32 probably be fine as I took DS to holiday club and saw the buses running etc

However, it started to chuck down when I got back (am not in work today as feeling fluey) and instead of resting on sofa I was hand wringing at the window and worrying about picking DS up later if it got anyworse, so 90mins after he had been dropped off, I picked him up again and the roads started to get slushy etc

The snow has now stopped though so perhaps I was being a tad OTT but best safe than sorry

crumpetsolo Mon 20-Dec-10 15:25:25

We made it in, traffic moving fine in town, just lots of black slush. Problem was getting home as none of the little roads are gritted so car got stuck. Boo.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: