Talk

Advanced search

Father Christmas in Wimbledon?

(11 Posts)
TheHouseofMirth Sun 19-Dec-10 19:58:35

We're meant to be visiting the big man at Selfridges on Thursday but I need a back up plan in case the weather's too crap for us to get there. Are there any FCs locally?

bigdonna Mon 20-Dec-10 11:55:59

croydon you could get the tram from wimbledon easy

NoHunIntended Mon 20-Dec-10 20:48:21

There is a Santa by Hennes/Body Shop at the top of Centre Court.

omnietyinstables Mon 20-Dec-10 20:50:52

Kingston? Croydon? Sutton? A cracking one in Woodcote Green Garden Centre Wallington but of course thats a 20min drive...

Niddlynono Mon 20-Dec-10 20:57:27

I took DSs to Chessington Garden Centre the other day. It was lovely and only 15min or so from Wimbledon.

wombly Wed 22-Dec-10 01:34:27

There's a very pleasant Santa in a decorated shed at the Windmill (the cafe) on Wimbledon Common. He runs an animal rescue place and had a gorgeous donkey with him when I first saw him.

wombly Wed 22-Dec-10 17:16:19

Actually, anyone who cares about animals and/or children grin should really head for Deen City Farm, where there is always a fabulous grotto, with loads of animals, not just donkeys and ponies.

Deen City Farm is currently under threat of closure due to council cutbacks, so dash over and give it some support. smile

TheHouseofMirth Fri 07-Jan-11 21:30:20

Have only just revisited this thread as the weather cleared and we had a great time at Selfridges but I am shocked by what you are saying about Deen City Farm Wombly. There's no mention of it on their website, are you connected to them and is there anything we can do on this board to help them? It's a great local resource (though I do think they should change the cafe menu a bit and stop all their staff smoking outside the cafe door...) and their team s obviously very dedicated. It would be really sad if it closed.

wombly Sun 09-Jan-11 00:20:02

Hi, HouseofMirth, there's an online petition. Will come back and link to it.

My dc grew up on that farm, indeed we still spend happy hours there!

TheHouseofMirth Sun 09-Jan-11 09:21:08

Excellent Wombly. Can you start a new thread for it?

domeafavour Thu 13-Jan-11 16:34:26

I love Deen City Farm
Count me in

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: