Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone know a local charity wanting new toys this christmas?

(6 Posts)
Lambzig Wed 08-Dec-10 10:13:05

My nine month DD has been given a crazy amount of christmas presents from friends and relatives, nearly all toys.

Taking a sneaky look last night she has a few duplicates, but really nice stuff and I would like to give them to a local charity who distributes christmas presents to children who may not get anything otherwise.

Does anyone know a local charity/hospital/hospice who would accept these? A quick google search only seems to show charities wanting bulk donations.

MaeMobley Wed 08-Dec-10 21:20:37

Our school (Wimbledon Park Primary) are collecting toys to give to less fortunate children. The deadline is 17th Dec, I think.

mummy2oandh Wed 08-Dec-10 23:12:09

I'm the chairperson of a small charity called Heartline which is not all local but I do live in Merton smile.

I joined Heartline as my 4yr old DD has had 3 heart operations including open heart sugery also major stomach surgery.

I took over the charity in April and have had to make all the staff redundant as we had no money. We have a christmas raffle but are lacking in prizes as since all the staff are gone I haven't got anyone to seek donors! If WPP school don't want your gifts for any reason I would love them and very happy to collect.

gazzalw Thu 09-Dec-10 12:16:36

Know that Wimbledon Guild were wanting new toy - our school collected stuff for them until 8th but sure a few late arrivals would be much appreciated.
Good luck and congratulations on being generous spirited.

middlechild Thu 09-Dec-10 22:19:54

Holy Trinity Church (The Broadway next to Polka Theatre) willingly take toy donations (they collect them on Christmas Eve at the Crib service) and distribute them on Christmas Day at a local women's refuge. As far as I know, the location of the refuge is not given out to maintain security for the women. They just ask you wrap them and write if the present is for boy /girl and which age.

TheHouseofMirth Sun 12-Dec-10 14:43:14

Does anyone know anyone who wants not new but good as new toys? We have stuff opened and played with once or twice before DSs lost interest but still in perfect condition. Would rather give to children who need them than to charity shop.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: