Talk

Advanced search

anyone got a friend/partner stuck out there on the M8? the news reports look hellish, I feel so sorry for those poor buggers

(13 Posts)
ssd Mon 06-Dec-10 23:10:07

hope the army gets some help to them soon

PacificDogwood Mon 06-Dec-10 23:12:46

My Dh is stuck in Motherwell

But hey, his choice to leave his nice warm office... wink.

I am not worried. No siree, not me, not worried at all.

YourCallIsImportant Mon 06-Dec-10 23:17:20

Not any more but it took DH 4.5 hrs to go 15 miles this morning. It's unbelievable, we live in the sticks and there was gridlock here too this morning.

geordieminx Tue 07-Dec-10 19:29:34

I left livingston at 10am yesterday morning, got home to Uddingston at 1.30am.

15 1/2 hours stuck. No help. Certainly not any police/army. It was every man for himself.

Total carnage.

prettybirdinapeartree Tue 07-Dec-10 19:36:38

I think you win geordieminx grin

My dad took 6 hours to get from Milngavie to Glasgow Airport. Fortunately, I was able to keep him and my aunt infomred about the sitauation at the airport and with her flight, so that they were able to stop panicing aobut her missing the flight. by the time they got to the airport, my aunt was desparate for the loo. My dad had been needing to go, three times, but is a man....... wink

geordieminx Tue 07-Dec-10 19:45:37

I had to wee in a nappy blush

prettybirdinapeartree Tue 07-Dec-10 22:16:17

blushgrin

MummyO3 Wed 22-Dec-10 13:31:06

it took my mother in law, 7 hours to get from glasgow city center to kingspark normally a 15/20minute drive xx

suzikettles Wed 22-Dec-10 13:34:11

Oh thank god... I am so sorry for those of you who were stuck at the beginning of the month but I'm going from Glasgow to Edinburgh for Christmas tomorrow and when I saw this I thought something had happened again <phew>

MummyO3 Wed 22-Dec-10 15:32:39

check your trains before you leave, loads have been cancelled again xx

suzikettles Wed 22-Dec-10 15:39:31

I'm going by car so as long as the M8 is okayish we'll get there.

MummyO3 Wed 22-Dec-10 22:27:35

good, i know edinburgh has been bad (my dad is working up there just now) but think its a little better than it was, have a safe journey xx

suzikettles Wed 22-Dec-10 22:53:54

Thanks. We're going to my parents' and my dad says it's fine just now, just very, very cold.

I'll have a 4 year old and a cat with me so you can see that I'm very, very motivated not to get stuck in traffic for any length of time if I can help it grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: